John McTiernan Directing 'Killing The Butcher' | ManlyMovie

John McTiernan Directing ‘Killing The Butcher’

killingthebutcherEarlier in the week I pointed out that John McTiernan was seemingly no longer attached to Red Squad, his supposed comeback movie.  That was pretty poor news because, I was told, Red Squad was set to be the biggest production in Hannibal Classics’ history with a budget of around $30 million.

Well, try this one on for size.  John McTiernan is now instead set to direct a World War 2 movie. I think I just shit my pants.

The film is titled ‘Killing the Butcher’ and has just entered pre-production.  Here is the outline:  ‘In World War II, two soldiers parachute into the heart of war torn Europe to find and assassinate a dreaded Nazi SS killer.’  Sounds a bit like Inglorious Basterds, without the toe curling ‘comedy’.

Cameras will roll in March 2016.  It has been written by Max Kreider and will be produced by the producer of Zero Dark Thirty and Lawless, Ted Schipper.  I mean this is very good news, many people over the years have wondered what a John McTiernan WW2 movie would be like.  This news surfaced at the American Film Market.  A teaser poster is also now available, see below.

Now, let’s delay that Die Hard sequel…

1. Avatar

Mucho Macho

November 13, 2015 at 12:14 pm

💪💰🍻😀👍

The Night Rider

November 13, 2015 at 12:30 pm

2. Avatar

CyrusTheVirus85

November 13, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Excellent news. I’m glad he moved away from Hannibal studios. The poster needs work though

3. Avatar

Serbius

November 13, 2015 at 1:16 pm

World War II movie? directed by John McTiernan? OH HELL FUCK YEAH!

this sounds so much better than red squad. I sincerely hope this will be THE COMEBACK of the master of action movies.

4. Avatar

jim

November 13, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Could be just talk…most of the movie business is bullshit hype about films that never get made.BTW,I hated Zero Dark Thirty..the usual feminazi penis envy.

Mucho Macho

November 13, 2015 at 7:51 pm

In all fairness, the Navy SEALs acknowledged that a young female CIA analyst was the orchestrator or was instrumental in the capture of Bin Laden, so I don’t have a problem with that. If the lady was instrumental in finding Bin Laden good for her, that piece of shit deserve to be killed.
      I do however have a problem with that bitch Hilary Clinton acting like she did something. Posing for pictures while the operation took place. She did not do shit. That bitch rides her husband success more than she rides him,
      I don’t blame him for cheating on her… I would every fucking day.
      I would vote for my dog for president before i vote for Hillary

jim

November 14, 2015 at 1:50 am

She was involved but the idea that she was surrounded by stupid men who got in her way is feminist bullshit.Remember the scene where she chewed out her boss? I was furious when I saw that.Complete fabrication.A feminist fantasy.I’m glad OBL got wasted but Paris proves that was so much bullshit too. We are at war with thirdworld savages in our own homes.and they must be removed from the west. I doubt if our gay-tranny friendly-gender neutral culture has the stomach for it.Feminists believe if we love our enemies they will love us back.Western culture has been neutered by feminismsocialism and sold out by global capitalism.Paris will be avenged by traditional male values….if we have enough of those left.You Americans must never surrender your weapons.If our govts can’t keep a city safe then the citizens must do it.Unbelievable carnage.I am consumed with hate.

Mucho Macho

November 14, 2015 at 4:45 am

*Its some sad shit to see what has happened in Paris. To think the new canadian leader wants to open the doors to so many is completely ridiculous.
          Even though i believe that there is really no harm in having tougher gun restrictions /background checks, the leftys don’t understand a couple basic things about the 2nd amendment…
          Number one is that a government does not disarm citizens. To leave citizens without weapons, is to expose them to the thread tyranny (which you know deep down they love)
          & number 2 is that the bad people/ criminals/ terrorists are still going to get their hands on guns.
          *You know what annoys me about the terror attacks that took place in Paris today, is that the lefties are always crying bitching moaning complaining about this right are those rights or this or that & they are the first ones to grab their belongings ,their precious gold and hide out in there safe areas. My dad pops thought me how to shoot when i was a kid. So i’m okay. But sometimes i wish i could use my .45 charles bronson style, if you know what i mean..lol
          * As far as Zero Dark Thirty i like the movie & 1 of the Navy Seals described her as feisty. Now was that scene an exaggeration ? most likely perhaps . i can just picture you throwing shit at the TV..hahaha
          But to be honest is that cunt Hillary that gets under my skin.
          But this whole “war on women” they are bitching about in the States is driving me crazy. War on what the fuck?!?! Guys are always paying for shit..if we do not pay we are deadbeats, the second we walk thru the door they start nagging, we got to watch movies they like & do shit they like & visit places they like cause its romantic.
          My girlfriend & i are at the stage where she is wondering & asking about marriage & i am ignoring the fucking issue cause i dont want to deal with it.
          “War on Women”?!?!?! If there is a war we sure as shit aint winning cause i dont care whats happening in the middle east, here in the West, women won’t shut the fuck up!!!
          No bitch..i dont want to watch that gay ass Anne Hathaway date movie & i sure as shit dont want to go to the ballet.
          In the words of Chris Rock :
          “Feed me
          Fuck me
          & Shut the Fuck Up!”
          👍

jim

November 14, 2015 at 5:26 am

Hilary is poison..and having that gimp in charge of Canada should make the natives nervous. Already I am hearing the usual liberal commentators warning us about a backlash against islam…My mood is swerving between rage and despair.Unless the west grows some nuts and meets this threat with force we are finished.The fight is not in the middle east.It is on the streets of our own cities.The truth is this is all our own fault.These talking chimps could never have hurt us if they had not been let into the west.They are genetic scrap.They belong in deserts and caves……International Socialism and Global Capitalism have trashed our borders.Ideology and greed dressed up as tolerance brought us to this.

Mucho Macho

November 14, 2015 at 7:00 am

every country enforces immigration laws & yet the United States is not allowed to.
            I don’t get it…if you got your papers, fuck it! you got nothing to worry about. truth is that these fuckers don’t fear the Pretty Boy, the media golden boy Obama.
            it’s always sad to see innocent people die @ the hand of savages. A dear friend of mine was visiting Paris not long ago, i hate to even think of what could have happened.
            The problem with the likes of the United States , England & France for example is that you got a lot of people from the inside that will pretty much sell the country for nothing as you well know.
            I mean in my opinion you have to have a serious case of inferiority complex and self hate to think like these idiots below
            ⬇⬇ https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ce4a69c03c08a39d8aa996f0efac5e884682d51035950284e3333ee2dabbcac9.jpg

Oh Goo Tak

November 14, 2015 at 11:06 pm

There are barely any terrorist in the West. They are a historical anomaly, not to be taken to seriously.

jim

November 14, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Don’t be a child. European cities are crawling with them. US is probably safer.

Oh Goo Tak

November 15, 2015 at 12:24 am

Not everyone who does not assimilate is a terrorist. There are barely enough people crazy enough for that in the world.

jim

November 15, 2015 at 12:32 am

Doesn’t take many.It just takes enough.

Oh Goo Tak

November 15, 2015 at 2:02 am

Enough to do what exactly?

jim

November 15, 2015 at 2:03 am

Paris ?

Oh Goo Tak

November 17, 2015 at 11:43 am

Paris will live.

jim

November 17, 2015 at 3:22 pm

You sound a bit blase for my taste.Nothing is indestructible.The Western Roman Empire fell as a result of the same challenges we are facing …demographics.

Oh Goo Tak

November 18, 2015 at 1:14 am

So we talking demographics or terrorism?

jim

November 18, 2015 at 2:26 am

With moslems they go together.I support white western christian civilization which cannot co exist with islam .The moslems was driven out of europe at the point of a sword hundreds of years ago.If that hadn’t happened we’d all be moslem by now. Today, Saudi Arabia refuses to settle a single Syrian migrant for fear of destabilising their “society” yet they are financing the construction of 200 new mosques in Germany. Like I said,the terrorism is only part of it…Only a moslem or a fool would argue with this.

The Night Rider

November 15, 2015 at 12:19 am

I didn’t watch Zero Dark Thirty because I don’t believe a single word of the official account. So it was going to be too much propaganda to stomach.