Cameron Announces Fifth Avatar Movie | ManlyMovie

Cameron Announces Fifth Avatar Movie

jimcameron

Bitterly disappointing news here, courtesy of the BBC. Jim Cameron has announced that he’s planning to make not just a second, third and fourth, but also a fifth fucking Avatar movie. All of which is, presumably, going to keep him tied up until 2023, with the films scheduled for release in 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2023, whereupon, hopefully, we can see an end to all this crap.

Apparently Cameron has been working on the scripts for the forthcoming sequels along with four ‘top’ screenwriters. According to IMDB, those writers include Josh Friedman, whose credits include Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Shane Salerno, who gave us the hateful Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. For fuck’s sake, why can’t Cameron get back to basics and work on a decent, manly project again.

Fuck these Avatar movies!

Check out the full article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36052818

Jake

1. Avatar

The Fanboy Perspective

April 15, 2016 at 8:03 pm

James Cameron is an amazing director, and I respect how much ambition he has and how much of a perfectionist he is, but I have no interest in Pandora. Even if James wasn’t working on Avatar sequels I seriously doubt he’d go back to making R rated action movies again. Rumor has it that after 9/11, James had a massive change of heart and that’s why he’s neck deep in these eco-political smurf movies. With or without Avatar, the old James Cameron is gone.

The Night Rider

April 15, 2016 at 8:22 pm

It’s just odd. One movie, okay. Two, you’re looking at a risk. But four more?

I know that I seen Avatar when it came out in 3D. It was the first 3D movie I’d seen and it was the same for the person I was with. It was a novelty and an experience. But man, there are one or two problems here. The 3D thing is struggling, I for one am willing but all I can find is trash movies, or conversion gimmicks. The second problem is that as you have said, Pandora is just not all that interesting.

It’s a bit much but I suppose if George Miller came back with Fury Road at an age older than Cameron…

The Night Rider

April 15, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Didn’t the success of 3D hinge upon glasses-free 3D TVs? If I recall, they were supposed to take the shit that’s in the glasses and laminate it over the actual screen. And for whatever reason it didn’t work out.

Another thing is that 4k 3D will not work on discs being stamped for 4K use.

Or in other words, Cameron may have to rely on a better script this time out.

The Fanboy Perspective

April 15, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Oh yea, it’s a massive commitment alright. I’m beginning to think that James Cameron will never emerge from Pandora at this rate, and even if he does, he’ll probably want to retire after this marathon he’s putting himself through. James Cameron knows how to make movies that make money though.

The Night Rider

April 15, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Battle Angel Alita or whatever the fuck it is just does not grab me. At all.

The Fanboy Perspective

April 15, 2016 at 8:42 pm

James offloaded that project onto Robert Rodriguez so he could focus on… you guessed it, Avatar.

Jacob Phillips

April 15, 2016 at 10:52 pm

The Battle Angel anime is actually an old favourite of mine, but if anyone could’ve made it work on screen (as an actual movie, I mean) it would’ve been James Cameron, in anyone else’s hands it’s bound to be a piece of shit.

The Fanboy Perspective

April 15, 2016 at 10:55 pm

I agree 100%. Robert Rodriguez is no James Cameron.

2. Avatar

jim

April 15, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Happy days for man children everywhere. These films are an embarrassment for anything with a dick.

Goro

April 15, 2016 at 9:07 pm

lol

3. Avatar

Mucho Macho

April 15, 2016 at 10:13 pm

What a waste of a fucking life & career!!

4. Avatar

Mucho Macho

April 15, 2016 at 10:15 pm

I think James Cameron wants to be the new George Lucas & this his “Star Wars”.
    Fuck this..really

5. Avatar

Mucho Macho

April 15, 2016 at 10:16 pm

The only Pandora I frequent is my internet radio.

6. Avatar

Mucho Macho

April 15, 2016 at 10:17 pm

4 Fucking sequels ?!?!?!?!?
    Avatar is the new Friday the 13th

April 15, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Avatar 5:
    Assignment in Miami Beach

11. Avatar

Mucho Macho

April 15, 2016 at 10:26 pm

You know damn full well he’s not going to stick to those dates ..
    These Avatar movies will be coming out in the 2030s

Jacob Phillips

April 16, 2016 at 11:09 am

The cinematic equivalent of Chinese Democracy. And the films will be the same – bloated, overproduced disappointments, except most of us won’t be disappointed because we’ll expect them to be rubbish anyway!

Mucho Macho

April 16, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Our cynicism will be the cure to the virus😎👍

12. Avatar

Mucho Macho

April 15, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Sam Worthington gotta eat

13. Avatar

Jacob Phillips

April 15, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I watched the first Avatar on DVD and switched it off out of boredom after about 45 minutes. By comparison, I’ve seen the original Terminator at least 20 times and would watch it now if it was on TV.

14. Avatar

Andymovieman

April 16, 2016 at 12:41 am

I miss the old jim Cameron when he did terminator 1 and 2, the abyss, aliens and true lies. He changed when he did titantic and avatar. He should work with Arnold Schwarzenegger again since they have worked together since terminator 1 and 2 and true lies and they made a name for themselves back then

15. Avatar

Just Some Polack

April 16, 2016 at 11:08 am

Sad to say this, but I’m done with Cameron. The guy hasn’t done anything worth remembering in 22 fucking years! And now he keeps wasting his time and talent for this uninspired “Dances with Wolves” rip-off! But whatever, I lost interest in his projects a long time ago and it seems nothing is going to bring it back. So long, Jim.

16. Avatar

Jeff

April 18, 2016 at 4:30 am

What the fuck! Okay, I liked the first one and all…but we haven’t even seen one of these sequels yet and he wants to spend several more years on them? I mean…I’m just fucking speechless. How much more story can there be tell? Fuck, now we can’t even depend on Cameron anymore. I’m already spending more and more of my time with my bluray collection cause they make so little good stuff nowadays. Fuck. And Mucho, no, I still haven’t found my copy of Heat 🙂