Jan Michael Vincent Dies Age 74 | ManlyMovie

Jan Michael Vincent Dies Age 74

Jan Michael Vincent died almost a month ago and the news has only surfaced.

The actor passed away last month, on February 10, after suffering a cardiac arrest at a North Carolina hospital. He was 74.

TMZ, who obtained the death certificate, reports that no autopsy was performed and the star was later cremated.

His last role was in the 2002 drama White Boy.

But it was his role as helicopter pilot Stringfellow Hawke in Airwolf that made him a star. The show, which ran from 1984 to 1986, earned him $200,000 per episode, making him the highest paid actor at the time.

He also starred in some good movies, such as The Mechanic, with Charles Bronson.

1. Avatar

Mulla Krekar

March 8, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Tragic end for a talented but extremely troubled dude. R. I. P.

2. Avatar

David Barber

March 8, 2019 at 10:16 pm

A fine, likeable and underrated actor. I saw a few good films with him in them a few years ago – White Line Fever, Vigilante Force (crazy B-movie with a high kill count) and Defiance where he single handedly takes on a street gang. He was also in The Mechanic, Bite The Bullet and Hooper opposite the likes of Bronson, Hackman and Reynolds. Grew up watching Airwolf with my brother on Saturday lunchtime afternoons. RIP Stringfellow Hawke. The only surviving members of the show now are Alex Cord and Jean Bruce Scott.

3. Avatar

Stig Johansen

March 9, 2019 at 5:10 am

Sad to see what became of him. A great actor killed by his own demons, I guess.

4. Avatar

Mucho Macho

March 9, 2019 at 10:52 am

5. Avatar

juanjo albertez

March 10, 2019 at 4:34 pm

RIP. I remember watching Airwolf (translated as The Fantastic Chopper, where I live) with my parents back in the day. At that time, my parents were really cool guys. They were the ones who introduced me to the Arnold and Sly movies and I’m a fan because of them.
    Now they have become leftists who would vote for Hillary if they lived in the US. Man I hate this leftist s***.

I also remember a movie about his kid being killed by mistake and him entering in rage mode seeking revenge. Can’t remember the name though.