Clicky

Tim Miller: ‘Closet Misogynists’ Are ‘Scared’ Of T6 – ManlyMovie

Tim Miller: ‘Closet Misogynists’ Are ‘Scared’ Of T6

The theme (or certainly promotion) of Terminator: Dark Fate appears to be another case of political gesture first, work out creativity second.  A new media-wide push by the left to weaponize entertainment, this has faced stiff rejection from fans of various franchises (Star Wars, for example).

Dark Fate is another one garnering a negative response online.  Now, director Tim Miller has gone and done what you should never do in this situation; double down on politics and insult the fan base.  Here is what he has said

“If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the f–k out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine. We did not trade certain gender traits for others; she’s just very strong, and that frightens some dudes. You can see online the responses to some of the early shit that’s out there, trolls on the internet. I don’t give a fuck.”

You should never do this, not to appease small sites like this, but the bigger sites, like 4Chan and, y’know, the not insignificant fan base itself… those are going to be problems, when petulant outbursts like this come in response to concerns about hokey political BS.

‘I don’t give a fuck’?  Seriously?  Is this something a director of a movie should be saying?  Miller has just enticed vote rigging writ large, with one sentence.

I remember when the financiers of Battlefield 5, a recent big budget WW2 game, evidently ordered the developers to re-write the history of WW2 to suggest that feminists won the war.  This understandably drew fan uproar.

But it wasn’t until the developers started belittling those fans by calling them ‘uneducated’ (versus Tim Miller’s ‘unenlightened’), or challenging them to not buy the game if they didn’t like it… that the burning and destruction of BF5 began in earnest.

Apparently some people are yet to get the memo, even after the election of President Trump and the voting on Brexit, that people might not just want left wing bullshit shoe-horned into our escapist entertainment.

34 Comments